Systematic Review Workshop
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for all learners (guideline panel members, medical students, graduate students, residents, fellows and faculty) interested in learning how to effectively read a systematic review and critically evaluate it. This pre-workshop will also introduce participants to the basics of conducting a systematic review and performing a meta-analysis using the Review Manager (RevMan) or equivalent software.
After the course is completed you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of systematic reviews to evidence-based clinical practice
- Identify the essential elements of a well-conducted systematic review
- Describe and explore heterogeneity
- Appraise the quality of the evidence for each outcome across studies
- Interpret the structure of GRADE summary of findings tables
- Apply the basic functionality of the Review Manager (RevMan) or equivalent software